8.17.2008

Summer Cleaning

Preface: this was intended to be posted last week but I forgot about it!
Teachers have to be back at school next week.  The knowledge that I have a mere 7 days of freedom left does not make me want to sleep in, catch up on my read or enjoy the pool.  Instead, I have the desire to organize and clean. (are any of you out there like that?)  This can be a deadly combination for various items and places around my house.  If I am brave, I will show you the before.  For now, here is a look at an after.

Our shed is a catch-all for outside equipment and anything else that happens to be left in it's area.  I found a baseball in there and 4 pairs of shoes!  4!  There was also a spider that kept showing himself, but I didn't let him scare me off.  I took everything out- swept up the dirt and began to go through the various items that had accumulated in the past year.  Some went right into the garbage.  One item is off to Goodwill.  And several others are going to find their original home inside our house.  Then I put it all back in, but only after I labeled each shelf and organized accordingly.
Whew.  What next???
More tomorrow!



No comments: