If you've noticed that my posts have been few and far between, you're right. A Christmas gift was delivered early and I have been enjoying the ease and convenience of my new toy. There's one reason.

#2 is we got cable so we could watch our beloved Duke basketball games. The first weekend I was sucked in. Harry Potter on abc family, The Parent Trap, What Not To Wear, HGTV, The Food Network and Rachel Ray. . . It's amazing how much time TV can take if you let it.
So my #3 reason for being MIA is gifts, wrapping and sending. Then there's the baking and organizing of those 'smaller' gifts for colleagues and bosses. I think the house looks very Christmassy and feels cozy with the music playing softly in the background and ACC basketball on TV.

I want to address some comments about a recent decorating post. Some of my friends are giving me too much credit in the artistic department and I wanted to let y'all in on the secret.
Remember this?

What I didn't do was trace this on the wall and then paint over the lettering! uh-uh! Here's how:

Vinyl lettering- I just laid it on the wall and applied it. And if I want to take it down- blow dryer to the lettering and it peels right off. All this for $19.99. Pretty fabulous, right?
So my last pic I want to show you is of my lighted wreath. I'm sure there are ways to fancy it up a bit, but I'm focused on location. I'm a beginner when it comes to decorating, but I'm learning. Example- I bought this wreath for my front door. But, my front door is green. So the wreath doesn't show up at all. (I didn't learn my lesson either- because 2 years ago I bought a wreath made of red berries- still doesn't show up- anyone know what will show up against a dark green door??) So back to the lighted green wreath. I had it hanging on our side door, but Dear Hubby pointed out that the extension cord was getting in the way of shutting the door. . didn't that seem like a safety hazard? (DH thinks candles and green peppers are safety hazards too- he's a safe kinda guy). So, there's a bare spot in my kitchen and I decided to go for it. It may be a little off-center, but it'll work. We'll see what DH thinks of this.

So I'm off to finish my baked nachos. And maybe whip up some puppy chow. Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas season!
4 comments:
I saw a post on a blog that showed a dressed up wreath for really cheap they got small boxes (jewelry) wrapped them in fabric or paper and glued picuters of family members on them and attatched them to the wreat. I thought it was a cute idea!
I have seen those vinyl letterings. In fact I gaveaway a GC to Quote the Walls two weeks ago for those. Hope you are having a great break from school!
Does look so cozy!!
And I agree - having ACC basketball in the background makes room even cozier and fun ;)
Love the stockings by the fireplace. An idea for your door: a wreath of those silver bells (large ones) you'd see on horses or something. Its bright, makes a jingle noise each time you open the door and is Christmasy....
I love the idea of a bell wreath! I will be looking for one as I check out the Christmas sales. .
Post a Comment