9.26.2009

Inspiration Pictures

Most of my friends know me as a 'copy cat' decorator. I don't really feel good about a decorating decision until I've seen someone else do it. I know, I know, this is completely against the decorating code about freedom to express myself, blah, blah. Listen people, I have not an ounce of imagination when it comes to accessorizing a room, choosing paint colors, window treatments, etc. There is also a perfectionist that lurks in me that whispers 'Spend your money wisely. Are you sure??' Combine these 2 and you get a slowly evolving home. What has been done decoratively in my house has been done by my MIL and my copy cat decorating. That said, there's a lot left to be worked on.

So, now you know that about me. Here's what I've learned to work around these short comings.
Inspiration Pictures. For me, they are key. I find things I love in each one and use it to pick out things that would work in my own home.

My current project is my kitchen.

We did gave the floors a new look with re-engineered hardwoods. It looks awesome and is a great start. But now the table color's wrong. The window treatments need to be redone and the whole room could use some accessorizing love. Like maybe a picture above the stove- hello? I'm tired of my above the cabinet stuff too.

So that's what I'm working on. Slowly. And here are some of my inspiration pictures. Thank you to each of the ladies..


Half Note Cottage at The Lettered Cottage




What are you inspired by? My delicious site has equal parts 'decor' and 'food.' Love to bake. Which is where I'm headed now. Just another reason to give the kitchen a face-lift: I love to spend time there!

No comments: