
Our kitchen is the center of our home. Simply put, we love to eat and as a result, spend a large bit of time there. I do love my kitchen- it is bright, cheery and gets a lot of great sun in the morning.
Here are some BEFORE pictures:
Problems:
white cabinets, white floor, white appliances
I don't love my above the cabinet decorating...
curtains
plant needs a good trim
table look orangey
So... here's what we did.
1) We installed re-engineered hardwood floors. [thank you Eric and Betsy!!] They were beautiful and instantly made the table even more orange. Covered that with a tablecloth for a few months to bide time...
2) Redid the table. With lots of help, we stripped, sanded, conditioned, stained, varnished the top of the table. We painted the legs and chairs, then roughed them up in places to give it a warn look. [thank you Keith and Kris!!]
3) Made curtains with stitch witchery and a good sisterly push. They are tied up with a white ribbon. Hard to see in the bright sun, but they're very pretty. [thanks Colleen and Betsy!!]
Here are some AFTERS:
* curtains- love
* table - looove
* hardwoods, loooove
I'm kicking around the idea of painting my lower cabinets and leaving the top white.. or removing the doors. And, I changed up my over the cabinet decor.. better??

3 comments:
Wow!! What a difference a few changes make!! It looks fabulous!
WOW!!!! That turned out beautifully!! :) It looks great!
Those changes made a HUGE difference. Looks great!
Post a Comment