2.11.2010

Update and Excuses

Hey y'all. If you are reading this, I commend you for continuing to check this infrequently updated blog of mine. There are lots of things going on right now and much of which I'd like to blog about- but, truthfully, I'm just too busy living it to stop and write about it. Or upload pictures. Or video. So, I'm sorry about that. It's a busy season of life for us.

Personal updates:
Brian is home from Iraq!! Shot numerous videos of our weekend together.
Duke beat UNC last night!!! Victory is sweet.
I made curtains for my kitchen and I must say they are adorable.
Snow!! We got 6" and missed 3 full days of school last week- went sledding on a pizza pan and had fun with friends. Did I mention we had to shovel? So fun! It's a skill you never forget.
Food: Josh's toffee squares made me want to steal away somewhere under a blanket, forget all I'd ever learned about portion control and give way to the sweetness and goodness that was the pan of cookie bars.
We are learning to cook with salsa, as Josh is blessed with it in abundance.
In addition, I make a slow cooker meal every Monday- so I'm forcing myself to learn new recipes for that. There have been some good ones. And yes, some not so good.
My hair is growing long and Vinny is back fighting cancer again. Life is not fair. Why do I keep expecting it to be so?
And finally, I am looking at buying new glasses.

Thanks for reading and stopping by! Give me a shout to let me know who's still out there. (if anyone is...)
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

5 comments:

Dan and Jess said...

i am still reading, katie :) and i love your updates, even if they are infrequent! love and miss you, friend!

Betsy, Eric, and Sophia said...

Pizza pans are the new "in" sleds! :) Also, I'm dying to try these famous toffee squares...save me one! xoxo

k stokes said...

Katie, I love the updates! Keep um coming! Drew and I miss you and Josh. Hope all is well in GSO! Hope we see ya'll soon.

Heidi said...

I think you need to post the recipe for these delicious toffee squares you speak of! :)

AS_Eng said...

yoooohoooo. i'm here. :-)