8.28.2010

Board and Batten

I'm sure you've seen this around blog land.  I've been itching to do it for awhile.  I narrowed it down to one room- which would be our guest room.  Here're the pics:



I had to paint each board- front and both sides.  That took awhile.  


I had already painted the walls (up to 65") white- so after these boards were dry, we were ready to roll.  I called upon my trusty helpers- Josh, Mike and Colleen.  Colleen and I placed the boards.  Josh and Mike hammered them in.  Then, we laid the horizontal/wide board on the top and again, hammered away.  The hard part came later- when I had to caulk and caulk and caulk all the way around the room.  That took me a loong time.  

I wish I could say that it's finished.  But I'd really like to do some more things- new bedding, hang some pictures on the wall.  You know, finish the room.  So, stay tuned.  (:

No comments: