4.11.2011

No More Mondays

It's the tittle of a book about turning a hobby into an occupation; a dream into a goal.  No more 'dreaded' Mondays.

I did enjoy my role as speech/language pathologist, serving sweet little children at school, but it wasn't my dream.  I worked hard to earn my degree and harder still to implement practices, behavior management, etc.
As nice as the paychecks were; as nice as the kids and parents were- it cannot compare to this responsibility I now share with Josh.

Being a Mommy is the the most sought after and the most rewarding role I have ever accepted.  It's a dream I am living- with my dearest Josh and our little Zach.  The late night feedings, the dirty diapers and the spit up- the smiles and the coos and the sweet chunky thighs- all of it is a dream come true.

I used to dream of this day, these days.  But I'm not dreaming anymore- I'm living it.


I'm so thankful.  

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
James 1:17

3 comments:

The Nix Fam said...

makes my heart smile. I, too, am grateful for no more mondays!

Our life.... said...

such true, sweet words!

zach is such a blessed little boy to have you as his mom.

Jessica said...

beautiful post! so glad to hear that you are loving motherhood!