7.14.2011

5 months


 Has anyone seen this boy?  I've been looking for him. . but all I can find is this one:


:) Just kidding of course.  The time is flying in our house and my sweet baby is proof of it.  I think Brad Paisley's son- Then- applies to our Zachary.  I thought I loved him as a newborn- and now, I am even more in love than ever.  <3
Here are a few milestones for our little Z.

  • Weighs 18.5 - gonna upgrade our car seat soon!!
  • Is sleeping 12 hrs/night, usually 6pm -6am or something in that range.
  • Napping 3 times a day- 1 hr, 2hrs, 1 hr.  For a grand total of 16 hrs of sleep a day!  Sometimes that makes me sad, because I want to hang out with him more- but I know he needs it.  
  • Wearing 6-9 and 9 month clothing.  
  • Zach LOVES the water- splashing, mostly.  
  • Has is "talking" more and more.  He does this funny rolling thing with his tongue in the back of his mouth sounds like he's gargling his own saliva almost.  It cracks us up.  
  • He's started biting his bottom lip.  Also, he keeps his lips together and blows through them- almost like a 'b' or 'v' but not quite.  Maybe he's trying to do the motor boat??  
  • We are slowly introducing foods this month that he can chew on- cut cucumbers, carrots, celery sticks.  He went to town on a sliced pickle last weekend and even ate some of the soft stuff.  :)  I think he's really looking forward to eating.  Speaking of eating, he is still drinking 8 oz at each feeding, sometimes more, sometimes less.  But, 32 oz/day.  We are SO thankful to our many donors and to the LORD for providing mommy milk for him.  We have an abundance.  I anticipate feeding him milk till 12 months at least.     
If it isn't already abundantly clear- we are in love with our sweet Zachary.  We thank the LORD for His blessing!

1 comment:

Our life.... said...

So big! that is wonderful you have a year's worth of milk! what a blessing!

he is just adorable :)i know yall fall more and more in love :)