7.20.2011

Adventures in Eating- BLW

We are about to jump into full-on eating adventures here in the Morin household!  I am excited, a little nervous and did I mention excited??  My little guy is a BIG eater and is lately putting anything/everything into his cute little mouth.  Our fingers, blankets, toys, etc.  No sign of teeth yet, but this guy can chomp down pretty hard with only his gums.
In researching how/when to introduce foods, I came across an article about Baby Led Weaning.  I knew it was the right fit for us.  If you are interested in knowing more- read this article.  It was the one that peaked my interest.  The main idea behind BLW is starting your baby eating table/finger foods rather than purees- around the age of 6 months, or when they're showing other signs of readiness.  Food ideas: slices of avocado, pumpkin, banana, steamed broccoli stalks, etc.
Zach has been watching us eat for awhile now and has been reaching for food from our plates during dinner time.  I gave him a hunk of banana on a whim yesterday after hearing how much our friend Sophia loves them.  The vid shows him enjoying the banana and in the end, he ate about a small adult size bite.  Pretty fun!!
UPDATED: 2nd video is Zach drinking water :)


Banana Time from Katie Morin on Vimeo.


Sipping Water from Katie Morin on Vimeo.

No comments: