8.15.2011

Nursery Reveal!



Oh how I wish I had a 'Before' picture to show you.  This room was cluttered, yellow and the furthest thing from inhabitable.  It housed a recumbent stationary bike, a TV, books, excess stuff and I think even an unused light fixture.  It was not pretty.

Fast forward about 8 months and here is Zach's nursery!  Much love has been put into this room- In March Papa and Nana (Josh's parents) helped paint the room and make the bedskirt, curtains, pillows and recovered the rocking chair- see here.  The room was without stripes then.

In April, My Mom (Mimi) came for a visit and we had stripes painted on 2 walls.  To help our AC out (it's hot here in NC) during these summer months, we had a ceiling fan installed for him.  Then, I saw these cute puff balls and these puffs and knew I wanted something similar above Zach's crib!  I also ordered a meaning-packed verse from amazon for the final touch.


Close-up of the verse:



Lest Zach become confused about what color blue is the best, we hung a DUKE basketball hoop for him.  I imagine one day we will have shoot-outs on this hoop.  :)

Also, I've long been in love with framing clothes and a trip to Goodwill and some spray paint worked wonders.  Josh wore the blue outfit as a babe and the shoes too!  The rocking chair is from my childhood and the 'Z' above it is from Hobby Lobby.  The pictures are 1) Susan, her boys, Zach (in her tummy) and us on the night we met and 2) Daddy and Zach.  I painted the furniture too- but I think I mentioned that in a different post.  :)




So, there you have it.  Total cost for puffs and amazon verse: $27.  Technically, I used gift card $ for the puffs ($7) and the verse did come out of the Baby fund.  Josh approved though, because we are praying about adopting #2 and the verse is applicable to him/her.

Thanks for taking the tour!

3 comments:

Our life.... said...

so cozy! love it!

....what do you mean #2???!?!?

:)

The Nix Fam said...

i love it! such personal touches and a perfect blend of past, present, and future.
we are praying about #2 as well, even though it is more than likely years away :-)

Jessica said...

What a beautiful nursery!!! You did such a great job creating a relaxing and gorgeous space with lots of special touches for extra significance. Absolutely wonderful!
Love to you all!!!