1.05.2013

our first week home

Last Friday we arrived home after being gone close to a month.  We've had a good first week together as a family, figuring out our new normal.



Zachary continues to be in love with his baby Andrew.  We have been working on possessiveness, as in Daddy's drink vs. Zachary's drink, to prepare him for baby's things being off-limits.  He's now started to question us about items throughout the house.
'es Kawee's shoe?' = It's Zachary's shoe?
I love his little language and how he communicates with us.  It did take me a few days to figure out what he was saying though- kawee??

When Josh is able, he helps me with night time feedings.  This is such a blessing.  On Dec 30th, he let me sleep uninterrupted through the night.  I wonder when I will sleep through the night again!  :)

I took the boys to the pediatrician this week to 1) check on Andrew's growth and 2) get advice on Zach's fever/cold symptoms.

Andrew has grown!
He's 9lbs 5oz and 22.75" long!  He can squeeze into some newborn onesies but the time is limited!!  He's such a good, voracious eater - he won't stay at 9lbs for long!

Zach hit the 30 lb mark for his weight.  Re his fever/cold, we were told to ride it out- expect more of it and lay low.







So, this week I've found ways to juggle keeping a sick toddler and a 3 week old happy.  Thankfully, there's been a lot of football on tv and we can stream Sesame Street/Elmo videos.



No comments: