10.01.2012

My Son, the Toddler

I have not wanted to face this fact, but it's here.  My baby has grown into a little boy.
He is inquisitive, mobile and determined.  He learns from his falls and remembers what we've taught him (walking down stairs and holding the railing).  He wonders about things, like what if I could fit inside the cabinet?  Or, tries to plug cords into outlets. . .
He loves to be read to and brings me books all the time!  We love the Nancy Tillman books, the Eric Carle books and a Sesame Street book about Big Bird Goes to the Farm.
His 'talking' has taken on different sounds/syllables.
He sings with music.
He loves to eat what we eat.
He loves to drink from an open cup like we have and is so proud when we allow him to hold it and drink by himself.
Lately, he has been opening our drawers and putting his little hand in the drawer to pull out what's in there.  I'm afraid he'll break it because when it's extended, he hangs on it.
He loves to write in the bathtub and loves to draw with crayons and markers.
When family or friends are around, he loves being the center of attention.  He will dance, sing, bring things to them. . .
I thought he was into everything before, but that wasn't anything!

No comments: