Last week we had a phone conference with a judge in Florida to finalize Andrew's adoption. With Zachary, we met the judge before leaving the state of Kansas, so we weren't sure how this phone call would go.
We needed a notary there to swear us in, so we met at our bank and waited for our turn in court. The notary was so kind and snapped these pictures for us.
| the boy of the hour- Andrew- is sleeping through this whole phone call |
The judge asked Josh and I the same questions- did we understand the responsibility we were taking on? Did we agree/promise to raise Andrew as our naturally-born child, to provide for him, etc., etc.
These questions were all very easy to answer with a 'Yes sir.'
| thankful that Zach kept quiet! |
The last question he asked caught me off guard after all the 'yes/no' types of questions.
"Why do you want to adopt Andrew?"
How can one even put that into words? I didn't cry, but the tears were waiting in the wings. I answered something like, 'we love him so much and he's apart of our family. I can't imagine life without him!'
To which, the judge said, 'Thank you very much and congratulations.' :)
3 comments:
:**) Happy tears!
Awww that made me tear up too! Congratulations on it being "finalized" He is such a sweet boy!
Congratulations!!! So sweet to take that last step!
Post a Comment