12.08.2008

Gift Giving

Gift giving is a hot topic in our house these days. We both love to give. It's special when you find something that is sure to brighten another's day. We've also been in the reverse situation- when we bought simply to be able to wrap it up for someone. I'm sure we've all done that once or twice.

Josh and I have had some very good talks about giving this Christmas season. How much? Who? How do we pay for it? Etc. It can be a source of stress, if husband and wife aren't on the same page, and we've experienced our share of that. For us, we find it works best to set a cap, or a limit. In order not to stress, we set aside a certain amount each month, so we are able to spend freely (within the price range). We've also scaled down our giving. So we give thoughtful gifts, but they are smaller.

How does your family work this out? Any creative gift ideas?

Speaking of gifts, here's one I received from Josh for my birthday! I love it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We set aside a certain amount for each person. Parents XX, siblings XX, etc and we try to stay within that. It's worked pretty well in the past for us. I like your idea of smaller, more thoughtful gifts. Care to share some ideas :P

I love reading your blog, btw. I check it often!

Katie said...

Hi Heidi L! It's fun to hear that people read and enjoy my blog- thank you! BTW, are you Heidi L of my facebook friends?
Smaller gift ideas- 1) check this one out- (http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/2008/04/ragamuffin-memo-garland.html)
2) we put some pics and videos together on a flash drive for my Dad, since he doesn't live near us and misses out on a lot
3) gift card ($5) with a pretty coupon for a coffee date for friends

Anonymous said...

This is the Heidi H (now L)from CCHS!! Was in Meaghan's class! I'll have to look around that site more, the ragamuffin garland is really cute. Cool ideas!! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Always has been a concern, gift giving! Wish that practice had never started as it always creates lots of stress, I think. I just love being with family and sharing a good meal and being THANKFUL for life and each other. But here I am again all stressed about what to get everyone! LOL!
Love your blog! Have a Merry Christmas!