This Wed we met my brother Brian, wife Karla at Mike & Colleen's place in Chapel Hill. They were there for business in Raleigh the next day, so we decided to take advantage of one more time to see Brian before he leaves again. My little brother has made a serious commitment to his country and to our freedom. He's going to Iraq for the 3rd time.
There's so much controversy about America in Iraq, the motivations behind it and the high cost it's been. (I'm not talking $ here either). I take the stance of proud American and sister. Not only is my brother Brian serving this country, but so is my brother Michael. And my sister served 4 years as well.
So, I've gotta vested interest in this Iraq war and anywhere our Marines and soldiers are- that means Guam too (Michael)! Unlike some, I am support our troops and applaud their courage.
Brian's tour will be 12-16 months. Please pray for Brian & Karla's marriage, for Brian's safety and for Karla as she is left behind. And by the way, Brian is hilarious, a total goof ball and a Bears, Matt Kenseth and Duke fan! Every time he, Mike, Josh or Jason are together, the shirts are off. It's just a funny thing they do just cuz they can I guess. They call themselves the bro-skis.
We love you Brian!



1 comment:
I'm praying for your brother and his wife. Tell them thank you for their sacrafice.
Post a Comment