He tackled big projects head on and taught me a thing or two about home improvement along the way. Now, as I look around my home, there are little things, here and there, that I'd like to take care of. Things like. . . well let me show you. .
a storm door whose hinges have busted out of the wood frame (I won't tell you when)

Or replacing our front door- because I don't know how to fix the warped plastic frames around the windows (because of the hot, afternoon North Carolina sun trapped between the broken glass storm door(see above) and the dark, front door)

What I'm most excited about doing right now is putting trim around our windows. Our windows have a bottom ledge to them, but the molding around the windows is absent.


See how sad they look? I know I could fix them up nice and pretty with some mistreatments, but I'm more comfortable with putting up molding than selecting a pattern/color combination of curtains. Is anyone else like that?
Anyway, I know it's doable and I'm excited about getting started. The Remodeling Guy posted on The Nesters website and his post came at a perfect time. Between my Dad and The Remodeling Guy, these windows are going to get trimmed up and looking shnazzy and you will definitely see another post about the finished product.
2 comments:
I love that first picture! Good luck with the window remodel! Can't wait to see how they look. We have windows like yours, so you may inspire me to schnazz it up as well!! :)
I wish that was all we needed to do here. LOL We have to replace the front door, the porch, the roof, the floor in the gutted bathroom, the back doors. UGH! Remind me never to buy and older home again. It's too much work!
Post a Comment