5.09.2009

Meal Planning

I found a new blog that I absolutely love. It's called Simple Mom. She has ideas on organizing, money management, food & drink, etc., etc. Seriously- check her out.

Another foodie that I follow is My First Kitchen. Kendra makes some delicious food and shares her adventures with us. Many of the recipes that I'm using this week come from her.

I wanted to share an idea that's new to me, courtesy of some Simple Mom posts. She has a theme for each day of the week, which helps her narrow down her recipe decisions. I think this is a fabulous idea! I have always struggled with which meals to choose and how to keep variety.

I have used the 'daily theme' idea for the past 2 weeks and it has been great. It has taken away the stress I felt in planning because it takes away the limitless choices.

Here are the weekly themes I am using and also, my meals for this coming week. :)

Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Mexican - Quesadillas (veggie) with Brown Rice & Black Beans w/ Pico de Gallo
Tuesday: American/Grille Out - BBQ Chicken Wrap & Potatoes
Wednesday: Stir Fry - Honey Glazed Chicken Stir Fry
Thursday: Salad/Sandwich/Soup - Chick Pea Salad with Fresh Bread
Friday: Pizza (veggie) Dough Recipe - make extra for Sat. dinner. .
Saturday: Something New - Ham/Cheese/Veggie Pockets

Tell me what you think! Do you have any meal planning ideas? Have you ever tried using 'themes'?

1 comment:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Simple Mom is great, isn't she? Met her at Blissdom.
Come join us on Tasty Tuesday with some of these great recipes. Every Tuesday people post and link up at my place. :)