Thank you friends and family for your phone calls, text messages and voicemails asking about the race this morning.
Let me tell you that I am so glad it's done!! Josh ran it in 2:01, Susan 2:02 and I finished at 2:03. It drizzled and rained on us the entire time. It was very hilly and also there was a cold wind. I think the temperature was between 35-40. It did not take long for our shoes/socks to become soaked and squish with every step we took. We were soaked by the time we finished and were so thankful for an entire change of clothes awaiting us.
BUT
We overcame all those things and finished!! It was the largest turnout they've had in 4 years. Kyle Petty was at the start line to encourage us. And, really cool, one of their campers was there to deliver a famous racing line, 'Gentlemen, start your engines.'
We finished at Victory Junction and the camp is really amazing. It's hard to describe- but think all things racing and colorful and kid-themed. I'd love to volunteer there in the summer time . Mike was there at the finish to take pictures and laugh with us! We were so thankful for his encouragement and support.
I hope to post some pictures real soon. And, Mike also took a post race interview, so, be looking for that. :)
Thanks again for the prayers, phone calls and support! We appreciate it!
Here is a look at what Victory Junction is and how it came to be-
No comments:
Post a Comment