A highlight of the many blessings of 2009- enjoy!
March
A favorite video of mine- Josh and Colleen's choreographed dance to an 80's classic- The Humpty Dance. When these two get together- watch out!
Also in March, on St. Patrick's Day, Josh's employment with Walgreens ended. The blessings of that event continue to pour over us- most evident in my DH's overall attitude and demeanor.
May
I began and completed framing my windows with molding. What a simple and easy project! All one needs is time, a miter saw and some caulk! Ok, maybe there's a little more to it- but really, this was a simple project.
June
A life long dream was fulfilled when I sumo-wrestled my husband! Unfortunately for me, he won the battle. Oh well. It was still fun!
Also in June, we enjoyed a visit with my brother Brian, back for a 2 week visit from Iraq. He is presently still there and we look forward to his return. Brian visited over his birthday and we were able to give him a surprise or two.
Untitled from Katie Morin on Vimeo.
July
Another DIY project- chair rail! Here again- all I needed was a miter saw, molding and caulk! I wish Josh loved these DIY projects as much as me- but I think he's learning to appreciate what they do for the house.

I learned how to eat like a normal person AND lost weight to get me back to my old self! After my surgery, it took several months for me to feel normal again. Thankfully, all is well now and I feel great again!
We re did our kitchen floors!! Another DIY! They look fabulous! Josh was very hesitant and ended up marveling at how quickly we installed these floors! Goodbye nasty linoleum! Hello pretty wood. A big Thank you!! to our friend Eric, at Finding Home, for teaching us how to do it!
September
10K Race- Josh's first and a personal record for me! That's Betsy (Finding Home) and our Brother in Law Mike, with us in the pic. Josh kept up with Mike and I kept up with Betsy for this race! We will be doing it again this September!
November
The beautiful kitchen floor made our kitchen table look a dingy orange... so another DIY project was born. I have yet to give this project a post of it's own, but wanted it to make the list of 2009. Much thanks to Keith and Kris, Josh's parents, who sanded, stained and varnished the table top! Kris painted and roughed up the table chairs. It looks like a brand new table!
December
New Christmas decorating for me. It's the little things in life, right? Like a pretty wreath hanging from a pretty bow...
We ran a half marathon- Victory Junction- and finished. What a challenging race that was! I'm so thankful it's over! Ha!
Well, that is about it for 2009. We are looking forward to 2010!! Thanks for joining us!







1 comment:
YEAH...like you are the one who kept up with ME - are you kidding, you are the reason we did it under an hour and I love you for it! Like we were just talking about "back in the day" with miles under 6 min...one day we will look back and say, 'member when we ran a 10 k in under an hour? :) Let's do it again!
BTW, I love this 2009 recap!
Post a Comment