6.17.2010

Summer 2010

Today is my 2nd day of summer break. If you work full time or your last summer break was when you were in college, I'm sorry. It's pretty awesome to have this kind of down time.
I cannot believe the things I accomplished yesterday alone. Seriously- there's so many hours in a day! Here's a short list: worked out, shopped for clothes for Zim, errands, laundry, picked veggies, lettuce from garden, read, took short nap (shh, don't tell Josh), read some more, baked brownies, cooked pasta, emptied dishwasher, changed laundry to dryer, cleaned bathrooms (2) and read some more. Whew.

Here are some other projects I'm working on this summer.

I plan to make homemade granola for the first time. Thank you My First Kitchen.

Josh wants to plant peach pits to grow peach trees. The dear man wants to plant them in the middle of the yard. I am not experienced in landscaping, but by golly, I better get a plan, or he'll turn our backyard into farmland!

My kitchen cabinets are white, which means my kitchen looks bright and cheery. However, white shows every speck of dirt or grime and these cabinets are in need of a wash down.

And, I think that'll take me through Day 2 of summer break. :)
Check back later for more projects.

1 comment:

AS_Eng said...

you're such the busy bee lady! glad to hear you have the summer off this year because you deserve it! now get to those projects!!! :)