9.11.2010

Home cooking

I had some cooking success this week that I wanted to share with you! 

I cooked a pound of sausage on Monday night.  We had leftovers- so I just threw the cooked meat in a container and refrigerated.  (obviously!)

On Tuesday, I threw half of it in some spaghetti sauce.  (I also added some chopped squash and zucchini to the cooking spaghetti- for healthiness and for color).   We had a few leftover noodles and plenty of extra spaghetti sauce/sausage.

Wednesday, I pulled out some flat bread, spread some of the spaghetti sauce mixture on it and topped it with cheese- viola- pizza!  [I was wishing I had some veggies to put on it too- but no go.  We used basil from the garden instead.]

Thursday I was thinking that I needed to hurry up and use that other half of pound of cooked sausage... plus we had some fresh veggies that needed to be used.  So, at 6am, I tossed together chopped carrots, celery, onion and corn off the cob together with the cooked sausage and some chicken broth in a crock pot to make soup.  I also added some bay leaves and of course, salt and pepper.  Set the timer for 10 hours on low and left.  It was yummy!  [we would have liked some pasta/rice/potato in it, but when you leave at 7am and get home at 9pm, this is a difficult task.  my mother in law pointed out that minute rice would have been an easy fix.]

So.  There it is.  I was pretty pleased that somehow we managed to make it through the week only using one pound of meat and also with homemade meals.  

Oh- and if you're wondering what we're doing between 7am and 9pm.
Work and Coaching Volleyball!!!



No comments: