at our family Christmas, 2010
We had pre-marriage counseling and one of the topics was children. Being from a family of 8, I've always wanted a minimum of 3 kids and adoption was always part of the 3-kid plan. Josh is from a family of 4 and thought 3 might be a little crazy, but was willing to go-with-the-flow. :) He's awesome y'all, and so handsome too!
Fast forward to 2006. We'd been married 3 years and decided that we were ready for babies. The decision was easy, especially looking back. Whew- what we didn't know was that it would take us 4.5 looooooong, hard years to bring that dream to realization.
I've heard it said that infertility can break your marriage or bring you closer together. I believe it. We have faced nothing more difficult than letting go of our dream to have biological children. [That said- we know the Lord can work miracles and we welcome His work to that end.] Through the heart breaking journey, we held tight to each other and to Jesus.
We came to a crossroads when doctors recommended invasive medical procedures with the chance of biological children. We knew our hearts were being called elsewhere, so we closed the medical door and turned toward a dream planted long ago. Adoption. :)


3 comments:
love you guys and the gift of sweet joy that adoption has brought you (aka ZACH!) :)
well AND I should have said, Kevin & Michael too of course!
Beautiful post! :)
Post a Comment