Josh and I were baptized on Sunday with 7 other friends from our church. It went well and was a pretty cool thing to watch. Each person shared how their life was going before they knew Jesus, what happened to change their heart and how their life changed. Public speaking always makes me nervous, especially when the subject matter is so personal and sensitive. There may have been a few tears when I spoke, but Josh held it together. Here we are:
I wore the white robe. Josh decided he'd rather not.
What an experience for us! It was awesome!
I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I want to attempt the 'Why?' question. My parents baptized me as an infant indicating their desire and commitment to raise me in a Catholic home. That was awesome and I am grateful to their faithfulness. But. . .
Baptism is an expression of faith. My parents can't do that for me. It's a personal choice. It's an outward expression of an internal decision. And it is our desire and commitment to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus for the rest of our lives.
And, that's why we got baptized.
Hope that helps answer any questions.




2 comments:
It was an honor to be there and witness it. Thanks for sharing this with our class.
Wow! Congrats to you and Josh for taking that step! It sounds like you are deep into your faith!
Melissa
Post a Comment