
Last year was my first taste of a short term mission trip. It was so great that I'm back for more and Josh will be with me. This is my 2nd trip, so one would guess that it' be easier. Nope. Still the same feelings of nervousness, anxiousness, fear and smallness. It's like a huge step of faith- to put your whole self out there, to be willing to do whatever is asked or needed, to bring glory and honor to the Lord. It's like you're saying 'use me Lord' while at the same time the voice inside your head asks 'me?'
I know this will be another wonderful experience. I can't wait to see the children's sweet faces and to play games with them. (side note- it will be very interesting to watch Josh in the middle of all these kids, how he reacts, adapts and feels about being with them all week) Getting on the basketball court will also be good- it's been a few months at least. And being totally immersed in another culture, another country and in another large group will be an adventure.
We covet your prayers during our time away. I'm sure there will be much to say on the subject.
We leave Saturday am. And I'm going to start packing tomorrow! My planner self needs to be organized! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment