7.21.2008

We're Back

Sat. July 12th
Day 1


In peace I shall both lie down and sleep, 
for you alone, Lord, make me secure.  
Psalm 4:9

What a blessing it was to be a part of this trip and this team!  We were prepared with games, crafts, socks, shoes, clothes, chalk, bubbles, Play Dough, tooth brushes, tooth paste, floss, bouncy balls, etc.  After a 2 hr flight to Newark and a 5 hr flight to Trinidad, we were pretty tired.  They don't have daylight savings time there, so it was dark by 7 pm at night.  We arrived at 7:30 Trini time (which was the same as NC time)  2 bags per person x 16 people plus carry ons = a lot of bags in one van!   We did manage to fit us in there and all the luggage and we were on our way.   Arrived at the Guest House and hot dogs, PB&J and juice were waiting for us.  Prayed together, separated supplies and hit the hay.  
 

1 comment:

Our life.... said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear more!!!

....and yes, my name is Joy Christina, actually I dropped the Christina when I got married....but until Oct. 8, 2006 I was Joy Christina! That is so funny...and Josh's sister and I had the same initial of last name too - M...both JCM! ha ha