7.01.2009

Chocolate Oatmeal Walnut Cookies

Have you ever seen this?  I want one for my car.  
I could also use one that says Baker Girl.  I'd put them beside each other.  They're both hobbies that justify the other.  At least that's how I think of it.


  
Ever since my quest to lose weight began, I have been looking for creative ways to get my sugar fix without breaking the bank calorie-wise.  There are loads of food blogs out there,  but my new favorite is greenlitebites.com.  She has so many great, healthy recipes!  Here's a snipet about her website:


GreenLiteBites is all about my adventures in cooking low fat, high fiber, whole foods for my family (and sometimes just me). I strive to limit sugar and avoid processed flours while including as many fruits and veggies as possible.

Who doesn't want that?  I do! 
Tonight, I made Chocolate Oatmeal Walnut Cookies.  Delicious.  And healthy!  Here's my new mixer posing for you.  Isn't he pretty?  



I made a few substitutions- like pecans for walnuts, yogurt for cream cheese & brown sugar for raw sugar- because that's what I had in the house at 9pm.  And at 10pm, I have eaten 2 and promise to stop!  Ha!  
Sidenote: I will post about my weight loss at a later date.  I'm kind of waiting till I hit a nice, round number.  :)  

No comments: