4.22.2009

A Quest



Two extremes. Pitted against each other.  

The No-Nonsense Jillian Michaels Workout Video 
vs.
My beloved Cook Out Heath Toffee shake

Who will win? 
For now, it's the 30 Day Shred aka Jillian's vid.  I am in a metabolic funk due to my thyroid-less state of being.  Balance is coming, but slowly.  So, I am daily working on my eating habits and exercise routine.  Daily people.  
No more Cook Out.  No more soda.  No more "snacking" on Dove chocolates!!  I've traded it in for fresh-cut vegetables, salad and fruit; for running, work out videos and smaller portion sizes! I wake up early to the Rocky theme song! (not really, but it's a good idea)
It's halfway through the 3rd week of my caloric responsibility and here's a recap of how things are going.  1st week= rough.  2nd week- better.  3rd week. . stay tuned.  


I look forward to the Return of the Health Milkshake. . . until then.  Here's to watered down sweet tea.  Ha!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Love it! Who needs 6 weeks abs when Jillian's around? :)

Betsy, Eric, and Sophia said...

Love this post!! Thanks for the inspiration! Speaking of which, looking forward to our running date tomorrow! ;)

Betsy, Eric, and Sophia said...

Sidenote: I concur that Health Toffee Milkshakes from Cook-Out are the BEST!!

AS_Eng said...

keep it up girl! you are doing GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! run on!