This recipe is from my MIL and is absolutely delicious. It has taken me over 6 years to make these in my own home- and it was only because Josh wanted to try them!
Don't let the title fool you - these babies don't have any toffee in them. I'm not sure why they're called toffee squares. In fact, I'd like to rename them. Maybe you could leave me a comment with your suggestions.
Here's the recipe. This will be the 3rd time in 3 weeks that we are making these. And y'all should be proud of me- that is restraint! ;)
Toffee Squares....
1 C butter, softened
2 C flour
1 C brown sugar, packed
1/4 t salt
1 egg yolk with a pinch of the white to help it rise
1 C chocolate chips
1 t vanilla
1) Cream the butter.
2) Add sugar, egg and vanilla and mix well.
3) Combine flour and salt.
4) Slowly add to butter/sugar mixture
5) Press into 13 x 9 pan
Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 or till brown around edges.
Eat with someone so as to avoid consuming the entire pan by yourself.
Side notes: I use whole wheat flour and it turned out fine. 2nd time we made this, Josh used a butter/margarine blend. I do not recommend this technique. 3rd time- I'm going to use half of the finished dough in a smaller pan so I'm not tempted to eat the pan in a few short days.
Enjoy!!
This post is linked up to Tasty Tuesdays

2 comments:
can't wait to try them!! :)
Mmmmmmm I made these tonight and let's just say I'm going to have to run alot this week to undo some of the damage!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!! :)
Post a Comment