7.21.2009

An Update: My Quest

Before And After




You may recall that back in April, I shared my determination to lose extra weight, change my eating habits and maintain a healthy, fit lifestyle. I have accomplished my goal!!

This has not come without pain, tears or pure grit. It's been a fight for every lost pound, every denied craving and every early morning workout. But, as I write these next words, it has all been worth it.
(drumroll please)

As of today, I have lost a total of 15 pounds!! Woo Hoo!!

My best friends along the way have been my LoseIt application, Jillian's 30 Day Shred, my new Mizuno's and the glorious ability to exercise.

Jillian's Shred DVD was grueling, especially at 5am, but as I developed a routine, fed my body the right types of food it got easier and I got stronger, toner and leaner.

LoseIt helped me count the calories I was eating, track the nutritional information and gave me accountability as to what I was putting in my body.

I posted last week how I'd always wanted a Runner Girl sign and look what arrived in the mail today! My dear Mom, always encouraging me! I love the pink ribbon in her hair! See my new sticker next to my stylish shoes!

So, am I satsified? Yes. Am I finished? No.

If I could get to my pre-wedding weight, I'd be giddy. If I stay here (at this weight) forever, I'd be satisfied. It feels really, really good to be fit. To know I could run 5 miles. To be able to knock out 10 push ups in a row. To push myself during interval training and dig deeper and go faster. And yes, I'm super giddy about wearing my 'skinny' jeans and have them loose!

So thanks to all my cheerleading friends, family and especially to my dear husband, who dealt with me when my pants did not fit, weeks after I started, who ignored my early morning alarm and who puts up with my vegetarian pizzas and turkey tacos.

6 comments:

AS_Eng said...

katie morin! you so totally rock!!! way to go!

Amy G said...

WOOOO HOOooo....so proud of you girl! Glad to know that John (selling you shoes) and I (a few power walks) contributed!!! You are an inspiration!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea - you look awesome and I have gained some of those that you lost...ugh, so frustrated with myself. :)I gave up exercise for lent and haven't started back again...hee hee

Heidi said...

Katie, you look great!!! Way to go!! :D

Unknown said...

Well Done Katie! Your determination to achieve the goals you set for yourself is inspiring. I'm still running but have slowed down and put on weight since the days when I would make you go further and you would make me go faster.

Sara said...

You go girl!! That is awesome!! I am so happy for you.